Clubs/Activities - Renaissance
Renaissance: A New Commitment to Excellence!
Renaissance is a recognition and incentives program with three major goals:
1) to focus on and emphasize academics and academic
2) to recognize and reward student achievement;
3) to recognize and reward staff achievement.
Tremper Renaissance is under the administration of the Academic Affairs Committee of Student Government. The Committee meets during advisory to discuss and implement the various Renaissance programs.
BANK (Be A Nice Kid) acknowledges exceptional acts of caring and kindness. Students are rewarded with a certificate of appreciation and a food coupon.
TOP (Tremper Outstanding Person) is an award given to students who have demonstrated excellence or significant improvement in the areas of effort, behavior or class performance. Faculty members nominate students for this award once each month.
ME (Maximum Effort) is awarded at the 1st week grading quarter of each semester. This recognition is awarded to C and D students meeting such requirements as good attendance, working up to one's full potential, and productivity in class. Students are rewarded with a certificate and a food coupon.
Premier, Excel, Strive Awards
Achievements will be recognized as follows:
- Recognition will take place annually during a 4th quarter Reception.
- Students will be recognized for achievements earned during the previous 4 quarters.
(4th quarter of the previous year; quarters 1-3 of current year)
- Each quarter, a student will be recognized for only the highest category for which they qualify.
3.5--4.0 GPA, no discipline referrals, no truancies, no “hall sweeps”, or any other unexcused absences, no failures.
- An academic letter will be awarded upon achieving Premier status for the 4th time.
- A medal
will be issued each Renaissance year Premier status is achieved:
- 1st Year – Bronze
- 2nd Year – Brass
- 3rd Year– Silver
- 4th Year -- Gold
- 1st Year – Bronze
- Renaissance reception
- Graduating Seniors who have earned their academic letter and achieve Premier status during their senior year, will be issued a Renaissance Medallion to be worn during the graduation ceremony.
2.5-3.499 GPA, no discipline referrals, no truancies, no “hall sweeps”, or any other unexcused absences, no failures.
2.5 GPA OR .5 GPA improvement OR perfect attendance for quarter, no discipline referrals, no truancies, no “hall sweeps”, or any other unexcused absences, no failures.
Any Tremper student who wishes to be considered for the Renaissance program must complete and return an application to Mr. Romano in the Media Center Office. You need apply only once to be entered in the Renaissance database.
"The Best: If It's to Be, It's Up to Me!"