Clubs/Activities - Renaissance
Renaissance: A New Commitment to Excellence!
Renaissance is a recognition and incentives program with three major goals:
1) to focus on and emphasize academics and academic
2) to recognize and reward student achievement;
3) to recognize and reward staff achievement.
Tremper Renaissance is under the administration of the Academic Affairs Committee of Student Government. The Committee meets weekly to discuss and implement the various Renaissance programs.
Premier, Excel, Strive Awards
Achievements will be recognized as follows:
- Recognition will take place annually during a 4th quarter Reception.
- Students will be recognized for achievements earned during the previous 4 quarters.
(4th quarter of the previous year; quarters 1-3 of current year)
- Each quarter, a student will be recognized for only the highest category for which they qualify.
minimum 4.5 GPA on weighted scale (3.5 GPA on unweighted), no discipline referrals, no D’s or F’s, no truancies, no unexcused absences nor unexcused tardiness
- An academic letter will be awarded upon achieving Premier status for the 4th time.
- A medal
will be issued each Renaissance year Premier status is achieved:
- 1st Year – Bronze
- 2nd Year – Brass
- 3rd Year– Silver
- 4th Year -- Gold
- 1st Year – Bronze
- Renaissance reception
- Graduating Seniors who have earned their academic letter and achieve Premier status during their senior year, will be issued a Renaissance Medallion to be worn during the graduation ceremony.
4.0 – 4.49 GPA on weighted scale (3.0 - 3.49 GPA on unweighted), no discipline referrals, no F’s, no truancies, no unexcused absences nor unexcused tardiness
3.5 GPA on weighted scale (2.5 GPA on unweighted) OR .5 GPA improvement OR perfect attendance for quarter, no discipline referrals, no failures, no truancies, no unexcused absences nor unexcused tardiness
Any Tremper student who wishes to be considered for the Renaissance program must complete and return an application to Mr. Romano in the Media Center Office. You need apply only once to be entered in the Renaissance database. You may apply at any time!
"The Best: If It's to Be, It's Up to Me!"