Clubs/Activities - Travel Club
Dan Glatz Travel Award
Criteria for award:
- Third party review committee or Dan Glatz may name student.
- Student must travel. If student does not travel the award must be returned.
- Second “runner up” student will be named in case awarded student does not travel.
- Must be a Travel Club member.
- An economic need must exist. Explain your economic need.
- Student must demonstrate efforts to raise funds for their trip by raising 50% of funds on their own through Travel Club fund raising.
- Provide transcripts proving a cumulative GPA of 3.0 or higher on a 4.0 point scale through the current semester.
- Student must provide proof of good school attendance. No truancies or tardies on student account.
- Provide two letters of reference:
- Classroom teacher or coach familiar with applicant’s academic performance or leadership qualities.
- Community member familiar with applicant’s character and activities outside of school.
Answer each of the following questions.
- Provide background about yourself.
- List your previous travel experiences with family, school or other organizations.
- Why is this trip important to you and your family?
- How will you use what you learn from this experience to help or influence others about the importance of experiencing and understanding cultures around the world?
- What are you doing to prepare for this trip and to make this experience meaningful for the rest of your life?
- Why do you feel you should win this award
All criteria components must be met or application will be rejected
The Eastern Seaboard
Tour number: 1133281
Group leader: Laura Zajicek Bagenski
Number of days: 10
Requested departure date: Monday April 1, 2013
Requested return date: Wednesday, Apr 10, 2013
Depart from: Chicago
Detailed price breakdown *
Program Fee **
Peace of Mind Program
Total price per student
Total price per adult
This tour is for consolidated group travel. See booking conditions.
Total price per student (under 20 years of age) $2,025
Total price per adult $2,380
- Round-trip airfare transportation to and from the tour destination
- Ground transportation to and from all included activities
- Hotel accommodation (based on quad occupancy for students, double occupancy for adults)
- Breakfasts (except on day of arrival)
- Dinners (except on day of return)
- Overnight security at your hotel
- Personal tour consultant and full-service team to help plan your trip and answer parent/student questions
- Personalized tour websites for you and your travelers
- Professional liability coverage
- 24-hour on-tour emergency support number
- Full-time Smithsonian Student Travel Tour Director
- Educational materials developed by the Smithsonian
- Medical and Accident coverage for all participants
- Optional enrollment in EF's Global Rewards Program, the best loyalty program available!
* Adult supplement required for age 20 and older at the time of travel. Change and cancellation fees of up to the total price will apply. Applicable airline baggage fees are not included and can be found at smithsonianstudenttravel.com/baggage. All prices subject to verification by SST Tour Consultant. To view SST's Booking Conditions, visit smithsonianstudenttravel.com/bc.
** Included in your Program Fee are current departure fees which include taxes and surcharges levied by governments and airlines and may be subject to change prior to final payment.
England, Ireland and Wales
Group Leader: Laura Zajicek Bagenski
Tour Number: 1154616
Requested Tour: England, Ireland and Wales
Requested Departure Date: July 17, 2014
Requested Return Date: July 28, 2014
Number of Days: 11
Departure City: Chicago
Day 1 Fly overnight to Ireland
Day 2 Shannon • County Kerry
Day 3 Killarney • County Kerry
Day 4 County Kerry • Dublin
Day 5 Dublin
Day 6 Dublin • North Wales
Day 7 Stratford • Oxford • London
Day 8 London
Day 9 Depart for home
2-DAY TOUR EXTENSION
Days 9-10 Paris
Day 11 Depart for home
Program fee includes
Airfare: Round-trip flights
Transportation: Comfortable motorcoach • Ferry
Accommodations: 7 overnight stays in hotels with private bathrooms (9 with extension)
Meals: European breakfast and dinner daily (lunch instead of dinner on Day 7)
Tour director: Full-time EF Tour Director
Sightseeing: 2 sightseeing tours led by licensed local guides (3 with extension) • 3 sightseeing tours led by your tour director • 1 walking tour with extension
Optional: Windsor Castle
Enrollment Fee $95
Program Fee * $2,230
Extension Program Fee $455
Current Departure Fees** $590
Peace of Mind Program Free
For Students $3,370
For Adults $3,765
** These are the current departure fees as of today. They include taxes and surcharges levied by governments and airlines and are subject to change. These fees do not include any applicable baggage-handling fees imposed by the airline. Your departure fees are finalized 30-50 days prior to departure.
† Estimated monthly payment if a participant enrolls on Wednesday, Dec 21, 2011
All prices are subject to verification by an EF Tour Consultant. To view EF's Booking Conditions, visit Booking Conditions
For more information regarding this tour, please call 1-800-665-5364